Foursquare is the app to help you and your friends make the most of where you are & where you're going. We're also a platform for creating and sharing location data across the internet with more than 45M users and 4.5B check-ins powering our local search and recommendation tools. We power location within thousands of internet products, including Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Uber, Evernote, Path, etc.
We're 170 people doing exciting and challenging things in SF, NY, Chicago & London, and we're always looking for more awesome people to join our team: https://foursquare.com/jobs
Full-cycle recruiting for Sales, Sales/Ad Operations, International User Operations, as well as various General & Administrative openings across Yelp's San Francisco, New York and Phoenix offices. Individually placed 180+ employees, and assisted our larger recruiting team in the placement of hundreds of additional hires.
Day-to-day responsibilities included candidate sourcing, in-bound resume screening, informal and formal interviewing (via phone or in-person), strategic job postings, university campus recruiting, offer negotiation/closing, early HR onboarding, and partnering with hiring managers for general requisition strategy & management.
As an early member of the team, I spearheaded sourcing partnerships with Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster, TopPropsect, BranchOut, & other local publishers. I assisted in new interviewer/hiring manager trainings, and I administered Yelp's applicant tracking system, Jobvite, to assist recruiter training & troubleshooting. I participated in various Jobvite events & workshops, speaking on behalf of the company.
• Compiled Yelp's first in-depth & cross-department cost-per-hire analysis in Microsoft Excel.
• Compiled Yelp's first sales employee referral performance analysis, implementing a long-tail rewards program for top referrers in Yelp's Phoenix office to increase referral success, leading tips presentations, and providing 1:1 consultations across the organization
• Partnered with Sales Training to implement and develop a formal sales mentorship program, pairing all new hires with seasoned sales reps for the purpose of expediting onboarding, learning & development.
• Assisted in the growth of Yelp's in-house recruiting team from 3 to 11; trained & guided new recruiting coordinators, managers, & individual contributors
• Continued participation in leadership & professional development activities, including Stanford University professor-led seminars
Full-cycle inside sales to small & medium sized businesses in the SF Bay Area, Boston, Los Angeles, Orange County, Miami and Dallas. Closed at 124% of total quotas from July 2008 through April 2010.
Day-to-day responsibilities included vetting & maintaining a pipeline of 350-550 businesses at any given time, cold calling & guiding business owners (or marketing decision makers) through the Yelp.com website, free tools for businesses, and Yelp's targeted advertising program. I educated business owners on the Yelp product, qualified individual needs & concerns while consistently returning to the value of paid advertising to grow their businesses through Yelp.
I was promoted to an advanced inside sales role (technically "Senior Account Executive") within 12-months, with enhanced responsibilities including a 20% increased sales quota. During this time, I worked collectively with a 'Lead Generator' to increase transaction volume, and was given additional mentorship responsibilities of new sales hires.
• Organized & led New Hire & Veteran trainings focusing on 'Building Rapport' with potential clients (based on the recommendation of my first Sales Manager)
• Developed a 2-on-1 advanced SalesForce training for increased efficiency & the development of daily-use skills (after success in mentoring an assigned New Hire through our CRM)
• Invited into a 'Sales Round Table' to discuss Sales training strategies, sales compensation modeling, & the development of the Account Executive role over time (internally branded as 'Yelp's Sales Development Program').
• Participated in ongoing internal sales & marketing training
Provided initial training and ongoing support to a staff of 16 Resident Assistants in their event programming and community development of 800+ undergraduate students. At the end of my tenure, I was honored with an 'Outstanding Student Leader Award' by the Dean of the University's Office of Student Development for responsibilities, including:
• Serving as an adviser & resource for the completion of 128 Academic, Social, Transitional, & Service or Leadership-based programs to groups of 10-60 student residents; maintaining & enforcing annual programming objectives via manual reporting, excel tracking, and 1:1 mentorship.
• Supervising 6 university-wide event committees, working with internal and external vendors and averaging 150-600 participants per event.
• Liaising with numerous campus organizations, focusing on LGBT-student issues to bridge the resources & educational opportunities available to residents.
• Providing 2 months of additional consultation & assistance in the revision of a 200+ page employment manual, with a focus on explaining core job responsibilities and enhancing sections around event programming & community development.
Supervised a resident community of 60+ undergraduate students, serving as a personal, academic, professional, & social resource. I worked with a large and diverse team to build healthy and engaging living environments with a set of responsibilities that bled into everyday life, including:
• Planning and implementing 8 Academic, Social, Transitional, and Service/Leadership programs per year, as well 20 additional community development activities per year
• Remaining on-call 1/4 of the month to respond to emergencies within the residence halls
• Enforcing University & Housing policies, documenting incidents of violation & following up with residents as needed
• Actively participating in extensive education & training in diversity awareness and inclusion-based event planning, emergency response & situational management, as well as community & team building.
Assumed responsibilities of a separated Office Manager, Accounting Manager, and Human Resources Manager, assisting several small charter schools in closing out the existing academic year, day-to-day education administration & business management, as well as consolidation and eventual dissolution of the schools/businesses. I worked directly under the Chairman & Board of Directors with a slew of miscellaneous tasks, including:
• Administering payroll, taxes, accounts payable, and the submission of standardized testing & student records.
• Relocating and consolidating 4 charter school campuses into a single location, organizing and documenting inventory, managing facilities & vendors.
• Hiring & supervising 2 temporary staff members for record organization.
• Performing various office & personnel duties as needed, including phone support & crisis management.
Fields of Study
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Cold Calling
- College Recruiting
- Customer Service
- Digital Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Employee Relations
- Google Apps
- Human Resources
- Internet Recruiting
- Lead Generation
- Marketing Strategy
- Microsoft Office
- Online Advertising
- Online Marketing
- Public Speaking
- Sales Management
- Social Networking
- Talent Acquisition
- Technical Recruiting
- Time Management