About Apollo Education Group
Apollo Education Group is revolutionizing higher education! Our technology, advanced learning methodologies, and international reach are dramatically accelerating the innovation that is essential to transform higher education throughout the world. With multiple customers in the pipeline and an aggressive rollout plan, we’re ready to spread the word about our new educational model. As part of the Apollo Education Group team, you'll play a key role in driving the vision for the future of education.
Why join us:
• Opportunity – You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to pursue new, inventive ideas that will change the face of education for decades to come.
• Impact – Support more than half a million adult learners and faculty in the U.S. alone. As we expand internationally, your work will help bring access to higher education to millions around the globe.
• Technology Innovation – Be on the forefront of implementing cutting-edge, adaptive learning and data mining technologies aimed at helping millions achieve the dream of a college education.
• People – Work with a team of experienced technology professionals who are changing the world for the better. Our team brings people from some of the top high-tech, media, and educational organizations together. Most importantly, we work in a highly collaborative, creative, and fun environment!
• Balance – We put people first. We have a work culture that supports a positive work/life balance and encourages achievement both at work and at home
Today, Apollo Education Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix,Carnegie Learning, Apollo Global, Western International University, College for Financial Planning, and Institute for Professional Development, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
As a cloud engineer, you will work on massively scalable, distributed systems that power applications for the Apollo Group and its family of Universities and Institutions. You will build strong competencies in system engineering and administration and provide expertise in troubleshooting complex application issues. You will have the opportunity to research, develop, and implement new systems and need a strong foundation in computer science to help come up new ideas as well as assist in new ideas to continually improve our performance through automation and configuration management technologies and practices.
• Design, build, engineer, manage, and operate services running in a cloud environment while adhering to Apollo change controls and architectural standards. • Leverage automation to increase efficiency and improve manageability of environment. • Work with experienced Systems Administrators on operations and maintenance of cloud environment • Troubleshooting and monitoring of service systems to ensure adequate SLA, capacity and expansion requirements • Document infrastructure, applications, processes, and procedures • Innovate and create new service offerings
Work in an agile team, designing, developing, and testing high quality UI including detailed documentation. Requires good java development skills and UI development skills.
We’re seeking an energetic, bright, self-starter to assist in promoting and executing on marketing campaigns, focusing on internal activation and UOPX store activities. Internal activation focuses on providing tools and support to help internal teams speak about the University consistently and accurately and to rally their excitement and enthusiasm for the national advertising campaigns. UOPX store offers branded merchandise to students, alumni, faculty and employees.
The position involves working on a series of projects, up to three at any given time, that will assist our ability to sell customers and users, develop and test hypothesis related to our business model, and create the internal communications required to bring clarity to the overall business. This internship should be very similar in nature to a management consulting internship, with the key difference being that it is in a single sector (online skill-based education & hiring) and the environment is far less formal.