- 33 Connections
Apollo Group is revolutionizing higher education! Our technology, advanced learning methodologies, and international reach are dramatically accelerating the innovation that is essential to transform higher education throughout the world. Apollo Technology is an intensely dedicated, entrepreneurial unit within Apollo Group that is highly focused and rapidly expanding. With multiple customers in the pipeline and an aggressive rollout plan, we’re ready to spread the word about our new educational model. As part of the Apollo Technology team, you'll play a key role in driving the vision for the future of education.
Why join us:
• Opportunity – You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to pursue new, inventive ideas that will change the face of education for decades to come.
• Impact – Apollo Tech supports more than half a million adult learners and faculty in the U.S. alone. As we expand internationally, your work will help bring access to higher education to millions around the globe.
• Technology Innovation – As part of the Apollo Tech team, you’ll be on the forefront of implementing cutting-edge, adaptive learning and data mining technologies aimed at helping millions achieve the dream of a college education.
• People – You’ll work with a team of experienced technology professionals who are changing the world for the better. Our team brings people from some of the top high-tech, media, and educational organizations together. Most importantly, we work in a highly collaborative, creative, and fun environment!
• Balance – At Apollo Tech we put people first. We have a work culture that supports a positive work/life balance and encourages achievement both at work and at home
Today, Apollo Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, University of Phoenix, Apollo Global, College for Financial Planning, and Institute for Professional Development, has established itself as a leading provider of higher education programs for working adults by focusing on servicing the needs of the working adult.
As a cloud engineer, you will work on massively scalable, distributed systems that power applications for the Apollo Group and its family of Universities and Institutions. You will build strong competencies in system engineering and administration and provide expertise in troubleshooting complex application issues. You will have the opportunity to research, develop, and implement new systems and need a strong foundation in computer science to help come up new ideas as well as assist in new ideas to continually improve our performance through automation and configuration management technologies and practices.
• Design, build, engineer, manage, and operate services running in a cloud environment while adhering to Apollo change controls and architectural standards. • Leverage automation to increase efficiency and improve manageability of environment. • Work with experienced Systems Administrators on operations and maintenance of cloud environment • Troubleshooting and monitoring of service systems to ensure adequate SLA, capacity and expansion requirements • Document infrastructure, applications, processes, and procedures • Innovate and create new service offerings
Work in an agile team, designing, developing, and testing high quality UI including detailed documentation. Requires good java development skills and UI development skills.
Will design, develop, automate and execute test cases for frontend and backend features of the SOA (Service-oriented Architecture) based product. Work with product managers and developers to pro-actively improve the test coverage.
This temporary position assists with the day-to-day operations of Human Resource issues for a region or location during the months of May through September. This includes the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs for the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.